About Me and My Work
Hello. I’m Mary Lynn Archibald, an author with over 30 years of copywriting, editing, and proofreading experience. I am the author of these three books:
I write memoir and I love the genre, but I’ve written in myriad of other styles for clients. I’m infinitely adaptable.
- Need help? I do developmental editing.
- Need a ghostwriter? I can be your ghost.
- Need copy for your website? I’ll spin a web for you.
- Need a proofreader? I’ll use my fine-tooth comb on your copy.
- Need to promote your jazzy new product? I will make it sing.
- Progressive Jazz!
Briarhopper: A History
This is a memoir of a woman’s life from 1913 to 1945, centered on her journey from Kentucky coal country to California during the Great Depression.
Accidental Cowgirl: Six Cows, No Horse and No Clue
This lighthearted personal memoir and three-time award winner takes the reader through a greenhorn’s life on a small cattle ranch—think The Egg and I meets City Slickers.
Sir, I'm Not That Kind of Girl! Goody Two-Shoes Goes to Town
My latest memoir chronicles my sheltered small-town youth in Soquel, CA, during World War II, my high school adventures in Suburbia, and finally, my life in the city as a salesclerk, switchboard operator, model, chorus girl, and Miss San Francisco finalist. Buckle up!